Yes. Sending a gift can be a way of helping your sponsored child at certain times of the year or letting the child know you are thinking of him or her. Here are some suggested guidelines:
- Monetary gifts should be sent directly to our Richmond, Virginia office for processing and distribution, since our project coordinators are not able to process checks or cash. However, already-purchased items should be mailed directly to your sponsored child’s school address.
- We recommend sending a gift valued between $25 and $50 as most appropriate.
- If possible, we recommend using a tracking service when shipping a package to the child you sponsor.
- If you wish to send a package as a Christmas gift, please mail it to your child’s school address no later than mid-November so the coordinator can distribute the gifts before the school closes for winter break.
- For summer gifts, please mail your packages no later than April 15th, as most schools close by mid-May. This will allow the project coordinators time to sort and deliver all packages.